By Allison Kozicharow; Edited by Elizabeth Fine
Please consider a contribution to WiRED in your giving this year.
Every day, as we witness the remarkable impact of WiRED’s community health workers (CHWs) in underserved regions, we are reminded of the transformative power of our training programs in improving the health of people where physicians are scarce.
Our volunteers, both in the United States and abroad, dedicate countless hours to support our mission. WiRED operates with an unwavering commitment to efficiency, ensuring that 95% of your donation directly supports our programs; nothing is spent on administration. Specifically, your contributions enable WiRED to develop comprehensive training programs that empower local health workers to provide essential clinical services and disease prevention education in their communities — where they live and work. These CHWs played a pivotal role in helping low-resource communities navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, and they continue to provide lifesaving services, particularly to women, children and those most vulnerable to serious health challenges.
We understand that you have many options when considering your annual contributions, and we humbly ask that you consider supporting our life-saving health programs. With the continued support of generous donors, WiRED will expand our CHW and continuing medical education (CME) training programs. We will also continue to develop innovative tools for our IT information delivery systems, enabling our cost-free training courses to reach any corner of the world within minutes.
For 26 years, WiRED has steadfastly provided health training globally, and with your partnership we can extend our mission and reach to even more underserved communities. We invite you to follow our work (sign up for our newsletter here) through regular web stories that introduce you to the people, places and programs that our volunteers work with every day.
Why are your donations important?
- WiRED’s programs are needed globally as health care is becoming more limited in low-resource regions. The World Health Organization reports a continuing drop in the number of physicians and nurses available in underserved regions. We are addressing critical needs in an efficient, effective manner by training CHWs.
- We have demonstrated impact: our CHWs in Kenya reach some 10,000 people each month with clinical services and training programs.
- Our programs are sustainable and prepare communities for present and future health benefits.
- We align with the values of our funders to provide humanitarian programs where the local people help themselves. We enable our CHWs to provide the services they have learned from our training, and through our continuing medical education program, we stand by them over the years as they continue to develop new skills and knowledge.
- We value diversity and inclusion and believe that everyone should have the opportunity to thrive, regardless of their background. We do not discriminate in our work activities in the populations we serve. Women are in key administrative roles.
- WiRED’s work is cost effective: We are a volunteer-driven organization that has never, throughout our history, spent funds on administration.
- WiRED charges nothing to anyone who uses our programs.
- WiRED always partners with local organizations, so we work hand-in-hand with people who are from the communities we serve.
Here’s how to donate:
- Donating online via PayPal or credit card at the WiRED website is easy and can be done here: www.wiredinternational.org/donate
- If you are over 70 years old and required to take a distribution from your IRA, you can have funds sent directly to WiRED and avoid the taxable income:
- Monthly deductions through PayPal might be an option for you: Just click the monthly donation checkbox on WiRED’s donation page: www.wiredinternational.org/donate
- The standard check in the mail to WiRED, and marked as a charitable contribution to a 501c3, always works by sending your check to: WiRED International, P.O. Box 371132, Montara, CA 94037
The following note a few of the WiRED programs your donation will support: